Friday, July 13, 2007

On the Foolish Act of Falling Asleep.

I do this a lot.

I'm in bed, I'm all cozy and comfy and drifty, and maybe it's because I'm relaxed--I'm not thinking about what I need to do or where I gotta go or any of the various deadline-driven entities that enter my brain at any given moment--so yes, it probably is because I'm relaxed: The ideas start flying. "Oh, that's great!" I think to myself in my cozy, comfy, drifty state between waking and sleeping. "I love that, I gotta do that." Or, more importantly, "Maybe I should write this down."

Last night I wrote a song in my head for Fools Pre-Show and did not write it down.

Do I know what that song is today? Of course not.

I NEVER write these things down. I'm too damn cozy, comfy and drifty to drag myself out of bed for it. Or, more importantly, too lazy.

On that note, though, I have been giving a lot of thought to Hank Williams and the foolishness of love. I think my Ellwood P. Dowd-inspired pleasantness and cookie-dispersing is coupled with a Hank Williams dark and bitter soundtrack. Jimmy Stewart's Ellwood P. and HW are from the same time, only how very different was their outlook on life.

1 Comments:

Blogger RFS said...

reading this reminded me of some famous guy who used to intentionally fall asleep in a chair sitting up so he would experience waking up to dreams more often. but, i cannot at all remember who it was!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home